Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Liquid Tension Experiment Trilogy

As a bass junkie it's not always just the bassline that does the trick, a power drummer can be just as if not more devastating! This is a trio of albums by a jam band spun out of Dream Theater. Seriously, Dream Theater is an epic band, but the LTE trilogy is just downright amazing! I don't need vocals on my metal, I simply want layers upon layers of metal. Please.

The 3 albums were recorded in short sessions, then released as 3 separate albums. Volume One will always be in my classic library. This album is sure to impress anyone, even if they hate metal.

Volume Two is also in my classics library, its outstanding. The level of professionalism and dedication these guys show is outstanding.

Volume Three sounds like the out-takes from the first two discs. Don't get me wrong, buy this too, I just don't rank it nearly as high.

If you haven't already, check out the entire Dream Theater calologue for thousands of unreal riffs and basslines.

As a final thought, can we please get some dubstep and d&b producers/disc jocky's to remix some of this high calibre metal? I think it needs some thought.

Thanks for reading and checking out all my other writings, they're effin' dope-sonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment